drive
i went to bukit batok driving centre today to begin my driving lessons. kiat came later because of some messy ongoings at his place. he didnt wanna start learning because of some sticky situations i wont go into here (this is my blog, not his. MY deep personal issues come out here, not my dear friend kiat's), so it was me and shi han gathering information and booklets.
ive got everything all nicely planned out, and im quite proud of myself. it was all pretty complicating, but luckily there were nice people there to help. thank you hot counter lady and kind malay woman. the former was friendlier than she looked (like a haughty model, but she was quick to smile and laugh) and the latter was extremely patient with us.
shi han, our insurance is nice and all, but its impossible to spend that 10k when wer dead. i think if we get killed in an accident well have other things on our minds. so yeah our insurance documents look like this...
benefit A: Death : $10,000
benefit B: Permanent Total Disability : $10, 000
benefit C: Medical Expenses : $2, 000
... yeah ok, cause when we die and our families get money, it will be SO beneficial for them wont it. i mean what the fuck we spend like 2k alone on practical driving lessons man.
sing
ive been singing a lot with kiat lately. we like the same kind of music. i feel like making a video of us singing and putting it here. you know what, i WILL. yesh kiat expressed interest in it yesterday, so next time hes at my house maybe ill play guitar and we can make a music video. : )
but i always loved music. it can carry emotions and messages and so many things. it can make you happy... or sad. lyrics are lyrics and not merely words because they come together to give life meaning.
right now, im listening to adam's song again.
the choice was mine i didnt think enough. im too depressed to go on. youll be sorry when im gone. this is a prime example of music and messages. blink 182 played this song for a kid who wrote them a letter... a poem. his name was adam... and he killed himself. the song itself is so beautiful and yet so sad. for me, it stands out so much because i can really see myself in adam's shoes. surrounded by so much pain and loss, he just let it go. i can relate to that. God knows suicides crossed my mind before. ill post about those times in the next post.
lan
today i lanned for the first time in a long time. i found it refreshing... shi han said it was fucked up. only cause ya lost!!! it was fine for me though. my alchemist was friggin tank at the end. a heart, threads, vanguard and assault. i was soaking up the dmge from a siren with mkb, threads, manta and butterfly, a night stalker with sny, threads, 2 bashers and shi han's maiden with euls dagger and cant remember what else. run in, turn on ultimate and pull all of shit to me while the potm and drow hammer em from behind.
for those dota impaired, what happened was this: i was a big strong bugger who protected the puny but painful archers behind me by running headlong into three enemies armed to the teeth.
fun lah, cause we won in the end despite getting dominated early game.
avril
mrs Whibley is great. i dunno why but i like her stuff a lot nowadays. she does good covers too, so aside from her original songs she also gives a nice twist to old ones.
wait wait, how can i like this teeny pop music you question. i found myself hating her a few months ago when girlfriend came out, i admit. but shes my age, and despite being married can still sing about things which touch close to my heart.
i suggest, and you all know that my music taste is more cultivated than most (not to boast, but i DO know what im talking about my friends), hot, innocence and kiss me. hot is a fantastic, true feel good rock pop song that defined avril for me. kiss me is a cover of sixpence none the richer. its pretty awesome. but innocence... this song is breathtaking. if you had to download one song (pay for it, dont, i dunch care) this week, make it avril lavigne's innocence. this one brought tears to my eyes when i first heard it. : )
so thats the end of my monday. got this little booklet with all the signs i need to remember for driving. my basic theory test is 24 dec. maybe for christmas ill get my provisional license and drive. : ) ask nicely and i may not run you over.
all that aside... its time to conclude. i grow weary. ive endured a lot today, and tomorrow seems to be even harder. the days grow long and the nights even longer. to be honest though, im really really looking forward to drinking with liang after a levels. just chilling out with a friend whos done everything that i have in our 3 years at acjc. alright, my dear, dear friends... sleep tight.
Avril Lavigne's Innocence
Waking up I see that everything is ok
The first time in my life and now it's so great
Slowing down I look around and I am so amazed
I think about the little things that make life great
I wouldn't change a thing about it
This is the best feeling
This innocence is brilliant, I hope that it will stay
This moment is perfect, please don't go away, I need you now
And I'll hold on to it, don't you let it pass you by
I found a place so safe, not a single tear
The first time in my life and now it's so clear
Feel calm I belong, I'm so happy here
It's so strong and now I let myself be sincere
I wouldn't change a thing about it
This is the best feeling
This innocence is brilliant, I hope that it will stay
This moment is perfect, please don't go away, I need you now
And I'll hold on to it, don't you let it pass you by
It's the state of bliss you think you're dreaming
It's the happiness inside that you're feeling
It's so beautiful it makes you wanna cry
It's the state of bliss you think you're dreaming
It's the happiness inside that you're feeling
It's so beautiful it makes you wanna cry
It's so beautiful it makes you want to cry
This innocence is brilliant (It makes you want to cry)
This innocence is brilliant
Please don't go away 'cause I need you now and I'll hold on to it
Don't you let it pass you by
(It's so beautiful it makes you want to cry)
This innocence is brilliant (It's so beautiful)
I hope that it will stay (It's so beautiful)
This moment is perfect
Please don't go away
I need you now and I'll hold on to it (It makes me want to cry)
Don't you let it pass you by