Saturday, February 16, 2008

God-willing, ill hear your voice tonight

Paramour

we waited on bypassed minutes
while the wind made scores with rustling leaves
and as the music rivets,
changes and pivots,
with reservations my smile heaves.

a thousand seconds wasted, dribbled
and you stress this with your shivering
and as the water ripples,
crumples and pearls,
in the background the fray starts singing

a gaze i held, for hours it seemed
as reluctant farewells crept closer
and as the girl rescinds,
careens and pristine,
i remain her silent paramour.

this poem came to mind while i was sitting in my room thinking about life and love. without smokes to distract me, im left more clear headed and focused for my ponderings during my excessive free time. i never thought... well... its pretty funny. on a larger, more cosmic scale if i think about it. but fate has a really funny way of going about things. it just seems as if some occasions are meant to happen to prove later on in life just how significant these situations are in the overall grand scheme of stuff. im tired. good night me lovelies.

Maroon 5's Must Get Out

I've been the needle and the thread
Weaving figure eights and circles round your head
I try to laugh but cry instead
Patiently wait to hear the words you've never said

Fumbling through your dresser drawer
Forgot what I was looking for
Try to guide me in the right direction
Making use of all this time
Keeping everything inside
Close my eyes and listen to you cry

I'm lifting you up
I'm letting you down
I'm dancing till dawn
I'm fooling around
I'm not giving up
I'm making your love
This city's made us crazy and we must get out