Wednesday, February 4, 2009

stupid, redundant and completely derailed ideas

ok im not really sure what this is. its not a poem, that much is clear. a warped sort of prose? i remembered that i had many important things to blog about tonight, cause i had some time to think up some pretty heavy stuff in camp. like you know the normal mulling stuff. but for some reason i completely forgot about them! all i managed to do was scrape together bits and pieces of strange little ideas which makes no sense. but i kinda cobbled it all into a little composition and was pretty surprised at what i found. it was something akin to a reminder to myself, as if a fact sheet checking myself in numerous places all at once. needless to say i felt this tremendous need to put it up so i at least dont forget THAT.

Han's Facts of Life Sheet

today i got home late, but at least im home
i ate too much, but at least im full
i spoke too little, but at least im understood
i lost my temper, but recovered it soon after
i missed a friend, but not too much.

yesterday i whispered, but at least i was not unheard
i slept too little, but at least i am rested enough
i found an answer, but am eluded by many more

now dont get me wrong, i am happy
at least i am home, full, understood, patient, content, heard, rested
but i think id be much more happy
if i at least had you

the pros and cons of being in a relationship while being a sea soldier are.

Pros:

1) you have someone to look forward to while your slogging through duty

2) you always have someone to call to talk to, even if you just finished a 1-4 am shift.

Cons:

1) you have much less time for other people. because you must spend time with the girlfriend in question, you are limited to(this is quite a positive estimate by the way.) four nights in two weeks to spend with family and friends.

2) as though we get officer pay. 550 is really not enough to get by on, even excluding a girlfriend to take care of.

so i guess it comes out to be pretty even. ah well. well see lah.

god life is boring.

Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl

This was never the way
I planned
Not my intention.
I got so brave, drink in hand
Lost my discretion
It's not what I'm used to
Just wanna try you on
I'm curious, for you,
Caught my attention

I kissed a girl
And I liked it
The taste of her cherry chapstick
I kissed a girlJ
ust to try it