Sunday, September 13, 2009

victory

your bloods pumping hard, a fever ignites within you

everything moves in slow motion, even your enemies

the crowd roars

so do your brothers-in-arms

but a voice drowns them all out

the one in your head, a growl, animalistic and pure

it erupts, unbidden and natural, from your throat

like a glove, torn off and flung in their faces

them who dare oppose you

a bone chilling scream that declares your unswavering will

your unending desire to move, to fight

until finally

a split second hush precedes the golden moment

like a lightning bolt

like a fire

its the golden moment

and victory is yours

Run This Town by Jay-Z feat. Rihanna and Kanye West

Life’s a game but it’s not fair
I break the rules so I don’t care
So I keep doing my own thing
Walking tall against the rain
Victory’s within the mile
Almost there, don’t give up now
Only thing that’s on my mind
Is who gon’ run this town tonight